- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 5 tbsps chilled butter or margarine / cut up
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/2&1/2, or light cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar / substitute 3 sweet 'nlow for diabetics
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup currants (optional)
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tsp water for glaze
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease bakng pan or cover with parchment paper.
- In food processor mix dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle diced butter on flour mix / turn processor on and off 14 times or use 2 knives scissors fashion, cut in butter until mix resembles course crumbs
- Small bowl stir tog. vanilla, 1 egg, milk and currants (optional)
- Add milk mix to flour mix
- Stir only to combine
- Floured hands, make ball
- Lightly floured pastry board, pat dough into 8" diameter circle
- Brush with egg glaze
- Cut into 8 - 12 wedges or 3" rounds (I prefer 8).
- Place on baking sheet
- Bake 12 - 14 minutes (or until browned)
- Cool on wire rack
- Freezes well
- Do not heat in microwave. Use oven or toaster oven.